second start - making up for lost time

I'm going to be short on this one. Why? Because to be honest, I'm quite ashamed. This must be my biggest mechanical error to date. so here goes the story: the car was transported back from Croatia, because I thought the head gasket had failed. This took 3 weeks, and as soon I heard the car was delivered, I rushed to the garage, only to find the car running perfect after the mechanics put in a new fuse to the fuel pump.
Aargh, I just wasted a whole month on something I could have fixed myself in 5 minutes, if I wasn't so transfixed on the problem. Many lessons learned.

The 3rd of November I was back on my way, now seriously chasing the seasons. It soon became apparent that November, camping and mountains don't go together, so I was clinging to the coastline in Albania, to catch the last rays of sunlight of this autumn.
But traversing Greece has brought yet more rain and with the weather forecast predicting a drop of 10° c in the next days, I'm hopping over the border to Turkey tomorrow.
I hope to be in Bodrum in 3 days, as the North gets too cold, hoping to relax a bit and to warm up for the big, cold, long drive to the Iranian border.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Catastrophic failure

one week on the road...

6 months on - what happened